Monday, March 17, 2014

Open Thread (on which nobody will comment naturally)

Here is an open thread which will undoubtedly remain completely dead since my blog has returned to having almost zero readers. Although even during the very brief time when it did have some readers it still had no commentators. Any normal person would have completely stopped blogging years ago under these conditions. But, I am far too stubborn to let this thing die even though only me and six other people ever read anything on it.

8 comments:

Withywindle said...

Do you have a Kindle or other e-book reader? Does it help you to do research?

J. Otto Pohl said...

I purchased a kindle from a visiting US professor here. It is great for reading PDFs that are one page per a screen. The two pages per a screen PDFs are impossible to read on it. So for articles from JSTOR it is great. For those few books I have that are one page per screen it is great. For archival documents it is great. For most of my books, however, it is not very useful.

Withywindle said...

Did you like Grinnell? What was it like?

J. Otto Pohl said...

I liked Grinnell. It was small and weird.

Withywindle said...

Did you have a favorite class or teacher there?

J. Otto Pohl said...

I would definitely say the late Al Jones who was my supervisor and taught American history.

http://www.grinnellwiki.com/index.php/Alan_Jones

Ryan Wray said...

I came upon your blog while researching the deportation of the Volga Germans prior to the Nazi invasion of the USSR. Both the blog posts and your other works available on the web are fascinating and I wanted to let you know that your efforts are appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I have a consistent feeling that you are not counting me among your readers. I follow your blog through feedly which means that I see every post.