Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Another mundane post

This blog hasn't been updated in a while because I haven't had any blog length thoughts recently. It is strange how various media are tailored for specific volumes of information. Blogs tend to be in the one or two paragraph range as opposed to a single sentence like Facebook or Twitter, although I have never used Twitter. Journal articles tend to be n the 8,000 to 9,000 word range and there is nothing between them and monographs at 80,000 to 100,0000 words. Which is really too bad because I think a lot of academic ideas need more than 9,000 words worth of explanation and supporting evidence, but can not possibly be padded up to 80,000 words. A venue that could publish between 20,000 and 60,000 words would be most welcome.

Instead of blogging I have been doing various more important things like going to the dentist, working on a journal article, grading, various administrative tasks, and reading mystery novels. But, as I mentioned in the last paragraph I haven't really had anything to blog about since I got back from Ho. By the way if anybody wants a copy of my Ho paper send me an e-mail. My goal at the forced labor conference was to force at least five people to read it, but I am not sure if I have succeeded yet.




No comments: