Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Grades

I have now finished grading. Although I am still getting complaints on a regular basis from last year's students that I should have given them all As instead of the B+ which seems to be the most common grade of those that are the most insistent that I gave them a horrible grade. If I give any student a grade less than an A they will complain that they deserved an A. When I was in college nobody ever complained to the lecturer about a B+. They may have wanted an A, but there was not an expectation that their work was automatically A level and anything less was a horrible injustice inflicted by the professor. I am now thinking about telling students with above average grades who complain that they really got an A and I graded them wrong that they can go file a complaint with the Chancellor of the University, Kofi Annan.

1 comment:

Leo Tolstoy said...

At least none of them are suing! http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Student-Sues-Over-C-Grade-191089401.html