Thursday, January 03, 2013

Reader Feedback Wanted

It has been suggested to me that my African posts do not garner much interest compared to my posts on Russian-Germans and other deported peoples. My site counter tends to back this up. On average my recent posts on Russian-Germans have gotten twice as many hits as my posts on Africa. Nevertheless I am reluctant to cease posting  about Africa and only post on Russian-Germans, racism in the USSR, and other similar topics. However, for those of you who actually read this blog please feel free to give your input in the comments below on what topics you would like to see me write on this year.

8 comments:

Leo Tolstoy said...

The Africa posts are very interesting and informative. Maybe you should join some Facebook groups that deal with Africa and mention your posts there--you'd probably get more readers that way.

Unknown said...

I read them all the time but have nothing to add. Your posts are too good. The information is correct, accurate, unbiased and easy to read . It how the ethnic studies have to be.

Nina said...

Personally I am more interested in your posts on Africa, and Ghana, but that's not too surprising!

e julius drivingstorm said...

New to reading your blog, I can't form an opinion between the options you offer. I do not discount your analysis of Stalinist era Soviet travesties (yet I have my own doubts about the adequacy of Glasnost). So far, I have found your posts on...yes, Africa to be of more relevance for now.

The comments from your readers have been better than excellent.

J. Otto Pohl said...

Walt:

That is a good idea, but I haven't been able to find any African orientated groups that really fit with the type of stuff I write about. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Leo Tolstoy said...

Here's one called Global Students for Africa that looks like the subscribers might be interested:

https://www.facebook.com/Instufa?fref=pb

I just scroll through the "likes" of one page I'm subscribed to and find related pages pretty quickly.

Farhad said...

I like it as it is and read both topics.

Leo Tolstoy said...

I like the posts about Soviet issues too, but of course since that's what I do too more or less I know much of the info you put up on those subjects. I like reading about Africa because I don't know much about it.