Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Recent Happenings

Yesterday and today the office again had no electricity for part of the day. Having a black out every single Monday and Tuesday is starting to get annoying. It is bad enough I have no Internet or printer in my office, I would at least like light and air. But, they restored our power faster this week than last week.

Today I saw a presentation on one of the ethnic conflicts in northern Ghana. There seems to be a long standing pattern of more organized and centralized groups lording it over less well organized groups. Actually I think this is true for all ethnic conflicts. In cases where formally repressed groups are able to sufficiently organize to throw out their oppressors the conflict generally ends.

I have been informed that the conference paper I gave at Winneba will be in print as part of a book on German colonialism in West Africa due out before the end of the year. The book is currently in press in Germany. It will be my second publication dealing with Africa.

No comments: