Monday, November 26, 2012

My Knowledge on Midwives and Family Planning in Ghana has Increased from Zero

I just finished copy editing an MPhil thesis on midwives and birth control in Ghana. I now know a lot more about midwifery, family planning, and female reproductive health in Ghana than I did this morning. Which is to say I know a tiny bit as opposed to absolutely nothing. For some reason, not only am I getting a lot of the honors thesis and graduate work on ethnicity to supervise and edit, but now I am getting a big chunk of those dealing with gender issues. Fortunately, I just had to copy edit the dissertation I went over today because my knowledge about the content of the work was basically zero this morning and it has only increased due to reading the particular work I was editing. But, I understand the history of midwives is a hot topic in the US.

No comments: