Friday, June 17, 2011

Today's accomplishments

Today I finally finished grading final exams. I had been putting off the last seven for what seems like weeks. I still have to enter them into the computer, but I do not have to read any more student essays on the Cuban Missile Crises or the end of the Cold War for a while now. Overall the students did well. But, I think they did better in general on the mid-term. Nobody failed the exam and over half the grades were a B+ or better.

Even more thrilling, after weeks of failure I finally got the latest virus definitions for my anti-virus software to download onto my laptop. I had to wait until most people had left campus for summer break for the available bandwith to be sufficient for this task. But, I finally got updated today and a quick scan showed no problems.

No comments: