Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life in the Slow Lane

The university is pretty much deserted now in the few weeks before classes start again. Things are pretty slow. I do not have any pressing article deadlines right now. I have been plodding along on one article dealing with issues of race and migration with regards to the Russian-Germans, but other than that I do not have much work to do until classes start. So despite not getting out of Bishkek this summer I had a fairly enjoyable summer. One key lesson I learned early on in Arivaca is that happiness is about enjoying what you have and where you are in the present.

1 comment:

Chris O'Byrne said...

Very true.

I'm leaving Arivaca for a month. I bought a van that I fixed up to camp in and I'm driving to Portland to see my daughter Debbie, then Minnesota, then back down to Arivaca. Should be fun!

Enjoy the rest of your summer.