Saturday, February 16, 2008

Gamburger

The most common fast food in Bishkek is the gamburger. It is actually a form of donner kebab rather than a hamburger. The main difference is that the gamburger is served on a kaiser roll rather than in a pita pocket. A minor difference is that it is served with ketchup and mayonaise rather than with chili sauce and garlic sauce. Another minor difference is that they usually put french fries inside the roll along with the meat, sauce and salad. There are gamburger kiosks all over the city. Most places charge 30 som each. I had two for lunch today. They taste pretty good.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Sounds like a "doner" to me which is pronounced donor as in a person who gives money rather than someone who is done. BTW, there are NO orange M&Ms or Twix candy here in Almaty. Although my knowledge consists only of our Ramstor and little neighborhood gastronome. I'll ask those who shop elsewhere but believe me, I'm keeping my eyes open.