Friday, November 09, 2007

New Publication Finally in Print

In 2003 I wrote an article on the Soviet deportation of whole nationalities for an encyclopedia on European migration. I am not sure when the English language version of this work will be published. The German language version of the book, however, has been publicly available since 7 November 2007 . My article, "Deportierte in der Sowjetunion im und nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg" appears on pages 458 to 463 of the Enzyklopadie Migration In Europa: Vom 17. Jahrhundert bis zur Gegenwart, edited by Klaus J. Bade, Pieter C. Emmer, Leo Lucassen and Jochen Oltmer. The work is published by Ferdinand Schoningh out of Paderborn in cooperation with Wilhelm Fink in Munich. It has been a long time coming, but it looks really good. I am aware by the way that I have left out the umlauts in the German words and names above.

No comments: