Monday, November 19, 2007

Correction

Evidently, I erred in referring to Ruth Derksen Siemens as Dr. Siemens. I misconstrued the phrase "Her PhD studies in the Philosophy of Language at the University of Sheffield, UK investigate letters.." to mean that she had already completed the degree. At her request I have reproduced her clarification of this matter below. I am sorry for any confusion my error may have caused.

To Ellwood and other naysayers

It is very important to read carefully before attacking a person’s credibility. Note that the statement in the website states: “Her PhD studies in the Philosophy of Language at the University of Sheffield, UK investigate letters …”. My research is complete and the “Viva” is scheduled for December 4th at the Bakhtin Centre, University of Sheffield , UK . Responders to my website often refer to me as Dr. Ruth Derksen (as do my students) but I correct this in my communication with them.

It is also important to rise above the petty slandering and remember the millions of innocent victims who died in the mines, forests, and industrial sites of Stalin’s Gulag. They deserve our energy, our time and resources. Let’s together demonstrate a higher moral standard.

Ruth Derksen Siemens

No comments: