Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Labor Situation at the Serenity Ranch Dirt Mine

I have not gotten much work done on Catherine's Grandchildren done in the last few days because I have been moving a lot of dirt around the ranch. Digging trenches and filling them back up again is very low on my list of possible careers I would like to pursue. There is a reason regimes like those of Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot forced intellectuals to dig trenches as a form of punishment.

On the other hand I did some more immigration work this week and it did not involve any sore muscles. It was nothing so exciting as another political asylum case. This case was just a work visa extension. All it involved was translating a letter from German to English. But, I did get paid for it. I have yet to see any checks for any of the articles I have written for peer reviewed academic journals.

No comments: