Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I got a call from Hollywood last night

Yesterday I got a call from the Hollywood film producer who e-mailed me a couple months ago about working as a consultant on her current project. She is working on a documentary about the Crimean Tatars during World War II. She is going to drive down here to meet me on Monday. Then we will look at some of the film footage she has already shot and discuss the project. I believe that the project has great potential. If it goes well I am definitely going to try and do more historical consulting for film makers.

3 comments:

Vilhelm Konnander said...

How fun! The mere mention of Hollywood though brings fore other sorts of film-making. I am happy to hear that also documentaries come out of LA nowadays.

J. Otto Pohl said...

Well, I will take any work I can get. Since no universities will hire me I will have to settle for a career as an international super star. Hollywood is far to the right of academia in the US politcally. Hence the ideological barriers that prevent me from being hired as a lecturer do not exist in the film world.

J. Otto Pohl said...

Grant: I won't forget the "little people."