Saturday, February 11, 2006

Guru Pohl Gets a Hollywood Gig

While academia may not want me it appears that Hollywood does. The other day I got a fan letter in my e-mail. I of course wrote back. Well today I received more e-mail from this woman. It turns out she works in the entertainment business in Los Angeles. From what I have been able to find out through the magic of Google most of her recent work has been in television. She is starting work on a new film project that involves one of my research interests. This in itself would be very cool. But, far cooler is the fact that she is hiring me as an historical consultant. From the information I have gathered so far this mainly involves reading and checking the script for mistakes and omissions. I hope I can parlay this experience into future consulting jobs. My next call could be from Ron Howard. I can hardly wait to be interviewed at the Oscars about my choice of fashion. I am thinking my ensemble of boots, tie dye t-shirt, jeans, hat and ZZ Top style beard could become the next big thing. In all seriousness, however, I am very excited about this recent bit of good fortune.

3 comments:

Frank said...

Very cool.

KRISTIN said...

Finally! Congratulations!

Nathanael said...

Sounds like an exciting project. Congratulations!