Wednesday, November 09, 2005

London as an international city

It is amazing how many different nationalities one meets in London. On this trip I talked to people from a wide variety of European, Middle Eastern and Asian nationalities. In only a week I managed to have conversations with people from more countries than most Americans can identify on a map. As best I can remember I have listed them below in alphabetical order. Despite the claims of many in the American press, nobody I encountered expressed any hatred of America. Indeed most people I talked to were quite pro-American. Sometimes I think the American intellectual elite lives in its own little isolated bubble and has no contact what so ever with the real world that exists around us.

China
Denmark
England
Germany
Holland
India
Iraq
Italy
Japan
Kurdistan
Kyrgyzstan
Libya
Pakistan
Palestine
Poland
Norway
Tajikistan
Thailand
Turkey
USA
Uzbekistan

No comments: