Friday, July 08, 2005

Some thoughts and the future

Allright, first I just want to say that having lived in London for almost three years and gotten my MA and PhD just down the block from the Russell Square tube station I found the news of the Al Qaeda attack on London disturbing. I hope everybody I know in London is okay. I wrote Habbash (not his real name), my best friend there to make sure he was ok and tell him I am again returning to London in November.

Other things I have planned. I am going to do a series of posts on Russian-Germans. Since I have been reading and writing alot of the group recently, I thought I would throw out some random thoughts. Alot of these are too abstract and academic to be incorportated into the general history I am writing. But, they do flow from that narrative. I have posted many of these pieces already on the GWA listserve, but I want them all in one place so I am going to put them up here. Also my folks can catch them here. I know they occasionally read this blog. Among such topics covered will be the new Russian-German historiography, Russian-Germans as a racial catagory in the USSR, comparison of Russian-German protestant brotherhoods and fellowships to Chechen sufis and other good stuff.

No comments: